Monday 7 September 2009

Holidays

I have been really fortunate this summer to have had the opportunity to travel for 4 weeks in our caravan with my two little cherubs, eager to escape the monsoonal Welsh summer we were swimming in.

Having booked three different caravan parks in the East of England & Cotswolds, I enjoyed a real sense of freedom, feeling like a gypsy, having no idea what each destination would offer and visiting places I would never normally have chosen. We learnt some history about East Sussex, like our visit to Battle and this beautiful town alone has renewed my interest to see more of England. We visited so many places, climbed many castle turrets, took a stream train, walked for miles, popped into some lovely art galleries, sampling many cream teas along our way (we love scones) and even managed a dip in the ocean at Rye, which was a real treat as I am a fair weather kinda gal.

Whilst I prefer to keep my family off this blog, I couldn't resist sharing this one which sums up the weather and tickled the passers-by as we danced on Brighton Pier.

No comments: