Friday 28 November 2008

Here come the girls....

For some strange reason I am one of these girls who manages to spot new and interesting things before everyone else. Of course, I always share my news with friends. It's my sixth sense for high fashion.
For some, keeping up to date with fashion fads can be a rather daunting task, so I am happy to offer my services by letting you know my predictions and best picks for each season. Here are my top fashion finds for the imminent party season.....
Most exciting find so far is Barry M cosmetics, which I found in Superdrug, very well priced at around £4-5 and will glitterize you for perfect party power. I love the glitter gel eye liner in red, green, turquoise, silver and anything else you can think of. Not to mention their glitter nail polish, I had to have the red. Go to www.barrym.com for the most fun you'll have since the eighties!

The best place I have seen so far for, in my opinion, festive frocks is Monsoon, they have by far excelled themselves with the most colourful line they have ever done. Divine teals, greens, reds and not much grey or black in sight - YIPPEE! I picked up a satin Emerald Green dress for £85 which will be my top frock for the season.
The must have but ridiculously priced Lara Bohinc black and gold Suede Tatiana clutch - £595.00 is a good investment piece and will stand the test of time.
I great pair of ankle boots in bright purple suede, although I am currently lusting over the Chloe electric blue cut-out angle boots at £455. If you like the colour but not the price, go to Preen at Topshop's Boutique collection, which is about time as I am so sick of "Wafe Moss". And whilst you're there, new find Ashish do colourful sequin outfits to match the boots.
For everyday coats, go for long and black like the Moncler padded at £645, although I bought a fab long zip front from Karen Millen, which does the trick for windy and rainy school runs at half the price..
For the ultimate lip plumping lipgloss rather than cosmetic surgery, during my recent trip through Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam, I found a new product called LipFusion XL which is a little pricey, at about £36, but I have to say works! Available via www.musthave.co.uk
Oh and don't forget to accessorise with a fab piece of jewellery like my long Constellations necklace and earrings from £30 available via my online boutique and at selected stockists!

Unusually styled woolly jumpers and knitted dresses are huge this winter. Oversized, or majorly textured with different patterns and cuts like Jil Sanders knitted dresses, and I love the Antonia Berardi bell sleeved kimono style cardi if you want to blow the budget. Otherwise go to Topshop for chunky shawls and cardigans. If all else fails, just get yourself an oversized cowl from Etsy which will do the trick.
If you just want to spruce up that tired LBD, get yourself some gorgeous Gothic Lace Leggins from Topshop for £22.
Bows, bows, bows are everywhere, oh and get yourself a hat, like the Nougat soft and cutchy Mohair knitted Beret with bow detail, in Mink (available at Ginger Lily, Malpas) £69.
And, I am not ashamed to admit that it really is worth checking littlewoods these days for good quality brands. They have certainly upped their game since their catalogue days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great tips, will definitely investigate your suggestions. I bought the 5 star bracelet from Bryls Boutique and have asked Father Christmas for the matching necklace/earrings. Already received loads of comments. Thank you.
Lisa J, Barry